How do you clean a dental office?
Posted on 5th June 2023 by jask Media
If you’ve been wondering how do you clean a dental office correctly, we have the answers that you need. It’s essential to keep on top of dental office cleaning and adhere to strict protocols. At Direct Cleaning Services, we’re here to assist if you need access to dental cleaners in Doncaster and Rotherham.
Key dental office cleaning tips
- Clean up spills instantly. If a spill does occur, put a wet floor sign on the floor to alert others to it. You should also place a wet floor sign down after mopping a hard floor to prevent accidents including slips.
- Keep the space tidy. You can make the right impression by ensuring your space is kept tidy at all times. This won’t just help you to clean your dental office more easily but it will help you make the right impression when visitors are on site.
- Clean your floors thoroughly each day. Try to clean them throughout the day between patient visits too. It’s best not to install carpets in dental offices as these can make it easy for germs to breed. If you do have carpets in your dental office, make sure these are deep cleaned regularly.
- Clean and disinfect all surfaces throughout the working day and after it comes to an end. The more often your surfaces come into contact with people, the more regularly you should clean them. It can be helpful to opt for single-use cleaning cloths as these can reduce the chances of cross-contamination whilst helping you win the battle against germs.
- Use colour coding. Colour coding your cleaning equipment can be very helpful when a dental practice is being cleaned. This can prevent contamination. Many dental practice cleaners use red cleaning products including mops, cloths and buckets for bathrooms, green ones for kitchens and blue for lower-risk areas like waiting rooms. You can also use yellow for clinical and decontamination areas.
- Employ in-house cleaners. There are many good reasons for outsourcing the cleaning of your dental practice to an outside company. Employing internal cleaners can be very costly, and you may need to invest in regular training to ensure standards remain high. If you do employ in-house cleaners, make sure they are fully up to date with the very latest medical hygiene regulations. You also need to ensure a strict cleaning schedule is in place and that your staff are using the right products for the job.
Why use external cleaners for dental office cleaning?
There are many great reasons for outsourcing dental office cleaning to an outside company. An experienced dental office cleaning service is likely to have access to some of the most powerful cleaning products on the market. You may also find that the company you opt for has many years of experience when it comes to cleaning dental offices. Nothing less than perfect is acceptable when it comes to cleaning dental practices due to the risk of contamination. A reliable dental cleaning company can create the ideal schedule to ensure nothing is missed and that you’re able to offer the high standards of cleanliness that your patients expect.
The benefits of a comprehensive cleaning policy
No matter who you task with cleaning your dental office, a strict cleaning schedule must be complied with. A strict cleaning schedule can greatly improve the standards of your practice. It will help you keep staff, patients and visitors safe, happy and healthy. This can also work wonders for your reputation and help you avoid missing out on custom. If you don’t maintain a high standard of cleanliness, you could lose patients and fail an inspection.
Some dental practices have found themselves in a great deal of trouble after failing to comply with cleanliness and hygiene expectations. Fail to meet these expectations and there’s a chance your practice could even be shut down. If someone does fall ill as a result of poor hygiene standards at your practice, you could receive negative media coverage.
Now you know the answer to the question “how do you clean a dental office”, you may be wondering who can help when you need dental cleaners in Doncaster and Rotherham. At Direct Cleaning Services, we have been cleaning dental surgeries and practices for many years. We can offer a bespoke cleaning service that we can tailor directly towards your needs. Today, we employ more than 50 cleaning operatives and administrative staff. We work tirelessly to ensure we’re always meeting the needs of our clients.
Direct Cleaning Services is a well-established, family-run cleaning company that’s big enough to get the job done yet small enough to offer that valuable personal touch. We can work closely alongside you to ensure we’re delivering the perfect service for your needs. Furthermore, we are only happy when you are completely content with the dental cleaning service that we provide. We can also carry out a free site visit. We’ll also give you a free quote prior to carrying out any work. The free site visit will enable us to identify the ideal cleaning schedule for your requirements. Our staff receive full ongoing training. They also know how to get the best results from the very latest cleaning products and equipment.
If you were wondering how do you clean a dental office and are ready to outsource this work to a trusted and accomplished team, we are ready to hear from you. You can reach us by giving us a call on 0114 358 6204 (Sheffield), 01709 230 152 (Rotherham) or 01226 977 182 (Barnsley). Alternatively, you can send a message via the site. We will respond to you as quickly as we possibly can.