Office Cleaning Checklist
Posted on 23rd June 2017 by jask Media
Maintaining a clean and tidy office is important for creating a professional and positive workplace. Employing a regular cleaning service is a good way to keep on top of things, but this doesn’t guarantee your work space will be comprehensively clean. So, whether you are cleaning your office alone or you want to ensure your cleaning service is up to scratch, we have put together a checklist of tasks which should be carried out for a thorough office clean.
These tasks are important for keeping up hygiene and the appearance of the office. These tend to revolve around high-traffic or highly visible areas.
- Clear away any accumulated clutter and rubbish from desks and surfaces
- Empty out bins and recycling points, cleaning them too when necessary
- Vacuum all flooring, paying special attention to high footfall areas
- Mop hard flooring, especially that in bathrooms and kitchen areas
- Wipe down and disinfect kitchen and dining surfaces
- Disinfect bathroom surfaces, basins, hand towel dispensers and toilets
- Restock toilet roll, hand towels and handwash
These jobs are ones that aren’t frequently necessary, but they are integral to the upkeep of a hygienic, clean and tidy office. Generally, you can expect these to take more time and effort than daily tasks to complete.
- Disinfect all door handles and light switches
- Clean windows and other internal glasswork
- Polish mirrors and other metallic surfaces
- Dust horizontal surfaces such as desks, filing cabinets and window sills
- Wipe down office surfaces such as desks and conference tables
- Disinfect keyboards, phones, monitors and any printers/photocopiers
- Clean any spots and splashes on walls, paying particular attention to kitchen areas
Monthly cleaning activities will help ensure that any dirt that can fly under the radar in a daily or weekly clean doesn’t build up. These can be quite large-scale, time-consuming tasks but are often ones that make a tangible difference to how fresh and clean the office looks.
- Shampoo or deep clean your carpets
- Polish or treat hard flooring
- Vacuum any soft furnishings such as office chairs and reception sofas
- Clean out your intray and any desk drawers
- Vacuum/dust air conditioning vents
Direct Cleaning Services provide a comprehensive professional cleaning service for commercial and domestic properties across Sheffield and South Yorkshire. Our cleaning specialists have experience in achieving a thorough clean for a wide variety of properties. We can offer regular cleaning services for a daily freshen up or one-off deep cleans for banishing built up dirt, depending on your individual needs. For any enquiries about the services we offer, don’t hesitate to get in touch.